The GoodDeedSeats Annual Scholarship
Good deeds are important to us (see the list of charities we partner with, for example), so we want to help students with their tuition, especially disadvantaged students.
We understand that it's hard to pay for a higher education and we want to help.
Although it is not required to win our award, we will give preference to those who are disadvantaged or underprivileged, such as minorities or people with disabilities, as long as you meet our eligibility requirements.
There are no fees associated with this. If your essay is chosen, we will award you with $500.
* Currently this scholarship is closed
- You must be a citizen or lawful resident of the United States.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must be able to verify enrollment and you must have an active university email address.
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA currently.
- Your institution must be accredited & listed on the official website of the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Preference will be given to minorities and people with disabilities (but this is not a requirement)
We'll decide on the best written blog post essay, which will be judged on:
- Creativity & authenticity (are your ideas and your writing creative and authentic?)
- Writing style & effectiveness in communicating your ideas (do you convey your thoughts well?)
- Thought coherence & organization (is the essay easy to understand?)
- Following the directions that we provide here (did you do exactly what we asked in the 'How to Apply' section below?)
GoodDeedSeats will notify the winner by mid-December and complete the award by January 1st of each year. We will pay the winner's institution directly.
How to Apply
- Write an essay of 1000+ words on one of these two topics:
“Good Deeds Athletes Can Do to Make a Difference” OR “Good Deeds Musicians Can Do to Make a Difference”
For instance, your blog post essay could be titled "Famous NFL Players Do a Good Deed by Visiting Children in Hospitals" or "How One Band Plays Concerts for Free for the Elderly". The sky is the limit, so get creative! Any artist, band, team or player is acceptable. Examples of artists and bands include, but are not limited to, Pink, Ed Sheeran, or the Foo Fighters. And examples of teams include, but are not limited to, the Chicago Blackhawks, the New England Patriots, or the Miami Heat. Anything that is related to doing a good deed is acceptable.
- Post the article to your blog – This can be a student blog on your university website or your own website.
- Include at least 3 links citing authoritative sources that support or relate to your essay, including 1 link to www.GoodDeedSeats.com.
- Your full name
- Your university email address
- Are you a minority or a person with a disability? If so, please explain further.
- The URL of your blog post submission.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline will be December 1st of every year. This is recurring yearly scholarship.
- GoodDeedSeats will never charge or ask for any fees or payments for participating. There is no entry fee for this program.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- GoodDeedSeats reserves the right to exclude submissions for any reason and at our sole discretion, including for plagiarism or suspected fraud.