The 6 Best Fender Acoustic Guitars
Looking to buy or compare Fender acoustic guitars in 2021? Choosing an acoustic guitar to buy can seem daunting with all the options available. We know Fender is world-famous for its electric guitars, and its acoustic guitars are just as superb. Fender's acoustic guitars sound, play and look absolutely fantastic so you really can't go wrong purchasing one.
You may also want to consider a few other important points when shopping for an acoustic guitar. How it sounds and looks are qualities to keep in mind. Its dimensions, weight and quality come into play. If you're a beginner, ease of use is important, and if you're a seasoned guitarist, your six-string's subtle tones and pitches are paramount.
To help you choose exactly which one to buy, we've compiled a list of the best six Fender acoustic guitars on the market today. Regardless of your final choice among the six best below, you won't be disappointed.
This eye-popping, fully painted Fender acoustic-electric guitar has a lightweight slim-taper C-profile mahogany neck, a solid Sitka spruce top and natural solid mahogany back and sides with a Fender Strat headstock. This is a very cool acoustic-electric guitar that sounds as good as it looks.
- Fender-exclusive Newporter body shape
- Fender- and Fishman-designed pickup/preamp system
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; pau ferro fingerboard and bridge
- Matching painted 6-in-line headstock
- Includes deluxe gig bag
The Fender PM-1 Dreadnought is a beautiful Fender acoustic guitar with mahogany back and sides and rosewood fingerboard and mahogany neck. Its craftmanship, tone, and classic look is one of the ebst and will not let you down, whether you are a beginner or intermediate player. This acoustic guitar offers a high-quality, resonant sound.
The Paramount Series features rich solid East Indian rosewood back and sides on the Deluxe models, and premium solid mahogany on Standard models.
- Mahogany back and sides provide a rich and balanced tone
- Grade "A" Sitka spruce top for strong and balanced projection
- The Mahogany neck with Ebony fingerboard provide comfort and a sharp attack
- Fishman-designed preamp
- A hard shell case and Limited Lifetime Warranty is included to help protect your investment
All Mahogany Bundle with Hard Case, Tuner, Strap, Strings, Picks, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and Polishing Cloth.
The CD-60SCE All-Mahogany Fender acoustic guitar is ideal for beginning to intermediate players. Its Fishman pickup/preamp system maintains the Fender acoustic guitar’s character and makes it a perfect acoustic-electric axe to own. And its rich mahogany wood tones make its looks as gorgeous as its sound.
- Top wood: Solid spruce
- Dreadnought cutaway body style
- Fishman Classic Design pickup/preamp
- Solid mahogany top with scalloped "X"-bracing
- Mahogany back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Scale length: 25.3"
- Number of frets: 20
- Saddle and nut: Crème plastic
The Fender FA-115 is an excellent choice for beginners with its easy-to-use fretboard to its reasonable price, and is the least expensive Fender acoustic guitar on our list. It has a solid spruce top, laminated basswood for the back and sides, a nato neck, and a laminated hardwood fretboard.
- Classic Dreadnought body style
- Spruce top with "X"-bracing, basswood back and sides
- 20-fret walnut fingerboard
- Hardwood bridge with compensated saddle
- A beautiful gloss finish
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43 mm)
Its short scale and compact size makes this Fender acoustic guitar an ideal travel guitar. And its warm and rich tones is perfect for beginner and intermediate players. The Fender CT-140SE’s auditorium style shape has been scaled down to 23 ½ inches. You’ll notice that the highs and mids are better than its lows since it has the smaller body, but it still packs an audio punch. Beginners will find the solid spruce top and the easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges ideal for their inexperienced fingers.
- All-new Travel body style
- Solid spruce top with scalloped "X"-bracing
- Rosewood back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Fishman Presys pickup/preamp
The California Series T-Bucket 300CE Cutaway Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Fender Guitar is a classic acoustic-electric with rockin’ looks. It has mahogany back and sides, flame and quilt maple tops, Fishman Isys III pickup system and is perfect for enthusiasts or intermediate guitar players.
- Cutaway dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar
- Fishman Isys III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
- Figured laminated maple top with quarter sawn scalloped ”X”-bracing; laminated mahogany back
- Graphtec NuBone nut and compensated saddle/li>
- Rosette: Holographic T-Bucket Pinstriped
- Body Depth: 3.75 in. (Front) to 4.75 in. (Rear)
- Mahogany, "C"-Shape Neck
- Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.3 in. (64.3 cm)
- Controls: Built-In Chromatic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble
Things to Consider When Buying an Acoustic GuitarIf you're going to purchase a Fender acoustic guitar online, it's important that you do your research and actually listen to each guitar you're considering buying. Check out YouTube videos if you can't make it to the guitar store. Many of the things that can help you decide are subjective however. From the headstock and fretboard to the body, nut and saddle, the way guitars look and sound vary widely. And you may even want to get a semi-acoustic hybrid like a Fender Acoustasonic, which are acoustic-electric guitars that give you the best of both worlds.
What's the Best Wood Composition for a Fender Acoustic Guitar?Want a mahogony neck? How about a solid sitka spruce? Or what about a rosewood fretboard? Bear in mind, acoustic guitars that are made of all-solid wood often sound much better than acoustic guitars made of laminate. With that being said, Fender acoustic guitars usually use laminates for the sides and back and still sound very good. The very least expensive ones even have a laminate top. If sound is important to you, then be sure to get a guitar with a solid wood top for tone. A solid-top acoustic sounds a lot better that a laminate-top acoustic guitar. Regardless of the type of wood, an all solid-wood guitar will generally sound better than one with any kind of laminate.
The Best Fender Acoustic Guitar Body StylesThere are a number of common Fender acoustic guitar body styles. There's the California Series with a headstock that looks more like a stratocaster, the Dreadnought which has a traditional shape on the larger side, the Parlor which is smaller in size and the Concert Fender acoustic with a stylish, more rounded shape.
Related Guitar Items That May Interest You